3 facts you're country is known for?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Leeni. on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:58 pm

hmm .. maybe you don't know where are Canary Islands but here in Spain we're famous because of:
-Beaches
-The most of the year it's sunny
-Turism
avatar
Leeni.

Posts : 153
Join date : 2010-10-13
Location : Spain

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by DarkMoon on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:39 am

I think some of know but we are known for

- Awesome Island
- Genting highland
- Historical places

Actually there are a lot more =p
avatar
DarkMoon

Posts : 440
Join date : 2010-06-08
Age : 20
Location : Malaysia

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Midnight on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:08 am

- Bavaria (Beer, Bratwurst, Sauerkraut...Oktoberfest)
- Tokio Hotel
- National Socialism...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Leeni: You live on the Canary Islands? I'm jealous ^^ On which Island do you live? I visited Fuerteventura once =)
avatar
Midnight

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-10-23
Age : 24
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by BrowniesBeffy on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:25 am

Braaaaaaatwurrrst. It's so fun to say it Smile I want to go to Oktoberfest once, we had about it at german class . It sounded interesting Very Happy
avatar
BrowniesBeffy

Posts : 2100
Join date : 2010-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Midnight on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:44 am

Oktoberfest is not really my thing xD But it isn't bad at well.
I just get angry when people say german people just eat bratwurst, drink bear and wear a costume (for example leather trousers xD) But that's just a liiittle part from germany...


I just found something:


That video just mades me sad....hope everyone of you knows that this is nooot true! ...




And now just some of the beautiful places in germany:


avatar
Midnight

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-10-23
Age : 24
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by BrowniesBeffy on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:58 am

German people eat stuff they like ^^ Like people from all over the world do.
One of my dreams is to live in Berlin for two years and study Smile And another one is to live in Japan for two years with my bestfriend.
avatar
BrowniesBeffy

Posts : 2100
Join date : 2010-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by happyLillus on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:30 pm

1. Gastronomy
2. People from Hungary is hungry, not hungarian
3. Gypsies Neutral
avatar
happyLillus

Posts : 183
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23
Location : Hungary ♥

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by ZeeCaine on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:55 pm

Being the fattest, laziest, and most hated.
avatar
ZeeCaine

Posts : 82
Join date : 2011-01-09
Age : 28
Location : Roanoke, VA

http://moonchildzee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by cindragale on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:09 pm

happyLillus wrote:
2. People from Hungary is hungry, not hungarian
|

love that! it's true they cook all day, haha

well Switzerland is known for..
richness
chocolate
alps
avatar
cindragale

Posts : 90
Join date : 2011-01-18
Age : 24
Location : where chocolate skies are above our clouds

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Quincy on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:36 pm

@Midnight
Not going to lie when I think of Germany I think of cars and Germans disliking redheads. My friend's brother in law is German and he finds redheads extremely unattractive...
But I love brats, that's may favorite thing about my German heritage, the food is so good



But stereotypes about the U.S:
1. ignorant
2. fat
3. loud

_________________
avatar
Quincy

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 27
Location : IL, USA

http://madremonstere.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Riley on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:38 pm

-obesity
-laziness
-ignorance
Sadly, THESE are the three things the U.S. is known for.
Sad
avatar
Riley

Posts : 927
Join date : 2011-01-20
Age : 19
Location : My Head

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:40 pm

Quincy wrote:@Midnight
Not going to lie when I think of Germany I think of cars and Germans disliking redheads. My friend's brother in law is German and he finds redheads extremely unattractive...

Shocked disliking... redheads...? *sniff* mind you, not many countries appreciate us gingers ^.^ except for "Hug-a-ginga Day" which is actually quite scary when randoms run up to you and hug you simply because you have red hair affraid
avatar
Iridescent_Revival_<3

Posts : 756
Join date : 2010-06-11
Age : 23
Location : New Zealand

http://thefaetoldmetodoit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Midnight on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:13 am

Iridescent_Revival_<3 wrote:
Quincy wrote:@Midnight
Not going to lie when I think of Germany I think of cars and Germans disliking redheads. My friend's brother in law is German and he finds redheads extremely unattractive...

Shocked disliking... redheads...? *sniff* mind you, not many countries appreciate us gingers ^.^ except for "Hug-a-ginga Day" which is actually quite scary when randoms run up to you and hug you simply because you have red hair affraid

I didn't know that there is such a day xD It sounds like a cool thing^^


And don't worry... I like redheads ^^ Sure some people like other haircolours more....but for me it's not important at all ^^
I think that there are also some which are reallyyyy beautiful ^^

Ahh bad explanation...sorry ^^
avatar
Midnight

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-10-23
Age : 24
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:24 pm



^This was HUGE last year. Those poor kids got much MORE bullying after their dad went on National Television. Just too embarrassing Embarassed
avatar
Iridescent_Revival_<3

Posts : 756
Join date : 2010-06-11
Age : 23
Location : New Zealand

http://thefaetoldmetodoit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Quincy on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:52 pm

I've heard of kick a ginger day, but never hug a ginger. We have hug an Asian day. My friend tells my that she gets hugged by a lot of strangers on that day

_________________
avatar
Quincy

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 27
Location : IL, USA

http://madremonstere.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by lyndseyjoy on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:55 pm

omg, people at my school participated in kick a ginger day.
o-o;

there was a morning announcement that day saying that if they heard of anyone participating in 'kick a ginger day' , they would be suspended.
LOL. a few people actually did, to/
avatar
lyndseyjoy

Posts : 450
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 22
Location : Wonderland

http://www.facebook.com/lyndseyjoypederson

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:56 pm

lol we had another school at our school for a sports exchange on hug-a-ginga day and i had some girls from the other school come up to me and say "can we please hug you? you just seem a lot nicer than the other gingas here" *grins proudly*
avatar
Iridescent_Revival_<3

Posts : 756
Join date : 2010-06-11
Age : 23
Location : New Zealand

http://thefaetoldmetodoit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by happyLillus on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:54 am

Oh my God. I never heard about those days. I think Hug a Ginger/Asian days are nice, but the Kick a Ginger Day is sick. Shocked
avatar
happyLillus

Posts : 183
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 23
Location : Hungary ♥

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by BrowniesBeffy on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:49 am

Kick A Ginger Day sucks ass. We talked about this at school, we have one ginger in our class who is cool and weird. It's so mean. it's like "kick a blondie". Would the blond people like that? -.-


In my class, U.S. is known for McDonalds.. Lol. And people who eat alot... How weird
And Estonia is known for "whaaaat?", atleast in my class.
avatar
BrowniesBeffy

Posts : 2100
Join date : 2010-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Krissy on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:54 pm

we have "family Day" in canada.a new hoilday.

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by tkellyness on Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:34 pm

Ireland:
Potatoes
Drunks
Leprechauns Very Happy
avatar
tkellyness

Posts : 9
Join date : 2011-01-02
Age : 23
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Forace on Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:25 pm

^ :D

Umm...
1. Metal music
2. Drinking
3. Perkele

And maybe saunas :DD
Hard to say what is known about Finland, I just live here xD
avatar
Forace

Posts : 1370
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 30
Location : Finland

http://forace.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by EetuJaKeijut on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:34 am

Kick A Ginger Day sounds totally nuts o.o Some guys on my old school had arranged Kick The Fag day and guess who got most of the kicks.. Laughing

Oww Finland is also known from Lappland, Santa, reindeers etc! Very Happy

_________________
We can escape to the great sunshine.
avatar
EetuJaKeijut

Posts : 1461
Join date : 2010-06-15
Age : 23
Location : Finland

http://www.myspace.com/epicaaliikaafanittava

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Quincy on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:38 am

I will forever remember Finland as the country with the teddy bear hotel

_________________
avatar
Quincy

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 27
Location : IL, USA

http://madremonstere.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Forace on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:17 am

Quincy wrote:I will forever remember Finland as the country with the teddy bear hotel
I didn't know about that until you mentioned it somewhere :D
But I do know that there's a school, where you can learn to be a Santa's helper :DD I can't remember how long it lasts, maybe a year or two.
avatar
Forace

Posts : 1370
Join date : 2010-12-03
Age : 30
Location : Finland

http://forace.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Lilee on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:32 pm

I've never heard of kick an anyone day O.o; The faculty and parents at my school would probably flip out if anyone started a trend like that.
avatar
Lilee

Posts : 1445
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Little Phoenix on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:39 pm

hmmmm I'd say....
1.Exit Festival
2. o.O
3. o.O
that's all I've got so far. xD

_________________

I'd still give my everything to love you more
avatar
Little Phoenix

Posts : 1649
Join date : 2010-06-11
Age : 23
Location : Serbia

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Quincy on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:55 pm

Little Phoenix wrote:hmmmm I'd say....
1.Exit Festival
2. o.O
3. o.O
that's all I've got so far. xD

The only things I know is there was a war in the 90s (and Angelina Jolie made a movie about it) and Andrej Pejic is Serbian, and the most beautiful guy ever

_________________
avatar
Quincy

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 27
Location : IL, USA

http://madremonstere.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Noomio on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:17 am

Iridescent_Revival_<3 wrote:
Quincy wrote:@Midnight
Not going to lie when I think of Germany I think of cars and Germans disliking redheads. My friend's brother in law is German and he finds redheads extremely unattractive...

Shocked disliking... redheads...? *sniff* mind you, not many countries appreciate us gingers ^.^ except for "Hug-a-ginga Day" which is actually quite scary when randoms run up to you and hug you simply because you have red hair affraid

How is this possible? Shocked I personnally think this is the most beautiful hair color. I wish I were born a redhead...

Here in France we're sadly known for being 1) rude, but we have no such days as "kick a ginger" or anything else like that. People are just too respectful for this kind of things, even school bullies are not that extreme (well, I guess some are, but I think it's like this in every countries...). In fact, I have the feeling bullies here are "softies" compared to bullies from other countries.
Still, I think the rudeness is somewhat true in Paris, as a lot of parisian (not all, of course) are rude even to other French. But I think it is because life really is stressful there. I would hate to live in Paris.

2) We're known for eating snails and frogs. (I personnaly HATE them, and I know way more people who hate them too than people who enjoy them)
3) The baguette. Tee-hee. Razz
avatar
Noomio

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-02-28
Age : 24
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by gardenofstars on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:51 am

@Noomio

Love the baguette Smile

And americans shouldn't be so hard on themselves. I mean USA is such a iconic land. It has given us Britney, awesome explosion filled action movies, Perez Hilton (tee-hee Twisted Evil ) and lots of awesome stuff.

OK so all the easiest stuff has been said about Estonia. Hmm. What about jewelry robbers? Like in every second week there's a news again that some workless estonian guys robbed a jewelry store. Oh and whoever has read Stieg Larsson knows that he mostly paints a picture of Estonia as a place filled with drugs and cheap whores. If you've watched True Blood then there Eric had a stripper from Estonia. She did have a russian name and accent but who F cares about that Neutral
avatar
gardenofstars

Posts : 74
Join date : 2011-02-28
Age : 23
Location : Estonia

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Claudia on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:15 pm

Quincy wrote:
Little Phoenix wrote:hmmmm I'd say....
1.Exit Festival
2. o.O
3. o.O
that's all I've got so far. xD

The only things I know is there was a war in the 90s (and Angelina Jolie made a movie about it) and Andrej Pejic is Serbian, and the most beautiful guy ever

waaait I thought he was from Melbourne, Australia. Or was he Serbian-born :/
Anyway he is Serbian Australian.

Apparently australian accents are hot right now, especially aussie women accents. I personally think aussie men accents are annoying. If you seen the movie Tomorrow when the war began you'll see my point.
avatar
Claudia

Posts : 1683
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 20
Location : Australia

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:19 pm

^ according to my brother, Neighbours is full of what he likes to call "hot bitches" -_-

although i must admit, i used to freakin' LOVE the old Declan and the aussie accent on him made me DROOL but then he got replaced by another actor that looked nothing like him which got me really PISSED OFF!

...the aussie accent has never been the same ever since...
avatar
Iridescent_Revival_<3

Posts : 756
Join date : 2010-06-11
Age : 23
Location : New Zealand

http://thefaetoldmetodoit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Claudia on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:28 pm

Haha that is another thing, Australia have hot women Laughing

There is a lot of good looking people here, the typical girl wears shorts and crop tops and are tanned.


avatar
Claudia

Posts : 1683
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 20
Location : Australia

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Hexe on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:58 am

1. excellent food
2. history,momuments&museums
3. fashion

Hexe

Posts : 862
Join date : 2010-06-14
Age : 27
Location : Italy

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1258204190

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Quincy on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:35 am

Claudia wrote:

waaait I thought he was from Melbourne, Australia. Or was he Serbian-born :/
Anyway he is Serbian Australian.

Apparently australian accents are hot right now, especially aussie women accents. I personally think aussie men accents are annoying. If you seen the movie Tomorrow when the war began you'll see my point.

He was born in Serbia then war broke out and his mother fled to Bosnia and then again to Australia when he was like 8. There's a video of him visiting his Grandma in Bosnia, I love listening to him speak Serbo-Croatian (i think that's what it's called).

I like Aussie accents though, except for Nicole Kidman, I do not like listening to that women speak for some reason. I always think of swimming when I thin of Australia, probably because of the Olympics

_________________
avatar
Quincy

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 27
Location : IL, USA

http://madremonstere.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by eMAYPsIlOnEeR on Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:27 am

1) Skiing [I don't like skiing]
2) Mozart Balls [I barely eat those]
3) Mountains [I'm afraid of them]

So, yeah, I'd say all clichés about my country are true xD
avatar
eMAYPsIlOnEeR

Posts : 648
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 22
Location : Candy candy

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:08 am

Sweden.
Snow
Boobs
Elks. Or is it moose? Holy cow i don't know... [And the Germans like Elk-poop too, strange people <3]

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Winter on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:13 am

Natalian wrote:Sweden.
Snow
Boobs
Elks. Or is it moose? Holy cow i don't know... [And the Germans like Elk-poop too, strange people <3]

When someone says Sweden, I automatically think 'Stockholm Syndrome'!
avatar
Winter

Posts : 481
Join date : 2010-11-20
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by eMAYPsIlOnEeR on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:16 am

Does anybody know why it's actually called Stockholm Syndrome?
avatar
eMAYPsIlOnEeR

Posts : 648
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 22
Location : Candy candy

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:18 am

...I don't even know what that is Shocked
avatar
Iridescent_Revival_<3

Posts : 756
Join date : 2010-06-11
Age : 23
Location : New Zealand

http://thefaetoldmetodoit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Winter on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:19 am

I do. A young girl fell in love with the brutal man who'd kidnapped her and even tortured her, am I right?
avatar
Winter

Posts : 481
Join date : 2010-11-20
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by eMAYPsIlOnEeR on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:21 am

And it was in Stockholm? xD
avatar
eMAYPsIlOnEeR

Posts : 648
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 22
Location : Candy candy

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Winter on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:28 am

I suppose it wasn't in Buenos Aires? Hahaha?
avatar
Winter

Posts : 481
Join date : 2010-11-20
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:37 am

HAHA Stockholm Syndrome is what you say ;D

"The Stockholm Syndrome comes into play when a captive cannot escape and is isolated and threatened with death, but is shown token acts of kindness by the captor. It typically takes about three or four days for the psychological shift to take hold."

It was 1973 when some peolpe tried to rob a bank in Stockholm. They took hostages for six days. Eventhought the people were keept agains their will, they didn't tell the police anything. They protected the robbers cause they didn't think they wanted to hurt them, since they were so kind.
So the police called it The Stockholm Syndrome and now people use it everywhere. (sorry bad grammar and all. Hope you get the point though :c)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by eMAYPsIlOnEeR on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:39 am

Winter wrote:I suppose it wasn't in Buenos Aires? Hahaha?

Well, people can be very creative when inventing new names Wink
avatar
eMAYPsIlOnEeR

Posts : 648
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 22
Location : Candy candy

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by AennilLinnEa on Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:46 am

EetuJaKeijut wrote:1. Metal!
2. Nokia phones
3. Santa Claus? Lapland?
Finland <3 Very Happy
avatar
AennilLinnEa

Posts : 421
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 19
Location : Middle of the forest/ Sweden

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by AennilLinnEa on Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:50 am

Sweden
1.The BEAUTIFUL nature
2.The animals (mooses)
3.Blonde stupid girls Mad (lol I'm blonde but not stupid)
avatar
AennilLinnEa

Posts : 421
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 19
Location : Middle of the forest/ Sweden

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Claudia on Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:11 am

Lol there is a lot of blonde people in Europe, I can blend right in!
avatar
Claudia

Posts : 1683
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 20
Location : Australia

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by AennilLinnEa on Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:15 am

Claudia wrote:Lol there is a lot of blonde people in Europe, I can blend right in!
Yeah. I know Smile
But I meant you know....girls that tries to look like barbie with giant boobs.
LOL XD
avatar
AennilLinnEa

Posts : 421
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 19
Location : Middle of the forest/ Sweden

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Claudia on Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:19 am

Ah I see.

Majority of the girls here look like Hipsters xD
avatar
Claudia

Posts : 1683
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 20
Location : Australia

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum