3 facts you're country is known for?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Krissy on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:04 am

Canadian beer!
Canadian hockey!

Maple syrup

Canada is known to be the polite country.LOL but i tell you NOT everyone is polite here..lol..Not sure if i agree.


Last edited by butterflycry2010 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by out of the hollow on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:46 am

The "American dream"
Obesity..
Arrogance....

Don't get me wrong, even though the second two are negative I do love where I live. But if I lived in any other country I think I would look at some of the things Americans do and be like... ugh whyyyy? Maybe I'm wrong though, you guys tell me. Wink
avatar
out of the hollow

Posts : 975
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 29
Location : TX, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Lilee on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:33 am

1. McDonalds
2. Obesity
3. Stupidity

Did I forget to mention obesity? Razz lol, well that's what the US is "known for" I suppose. But I still love it xD
avatar
Lilee

Posts : 1445
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by ghost_flower on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:38 am

1.Vampires/Dracula
2.Gipsy
3.Stealing...
avatar
ghost_flower

Posts : 290
Join date : 2010-06-11
Age : 21
Location : Romania

http://ghost-flower.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by TheLastSongbird on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:46 am

1. Robin Hood

2. Loving to complain xD

3. Rain/bad weather in general Rolling Eyes

Apparently the English are known for having "posh" accents too, although that's false. Hardly anyone in England has a posh accent any more (there are a couple of "posh" regions left, but not many). Also, you have to look quite hard to come across someone with a full on cockney accent in London (another false stereotype) xD

_________________
Ma olen Kuulaps
Integrity ~ Lve ~ Unity
avatar
TheLastSongbird

Posts : 1457
Join date : 2010-06-13
Age : 25
Location : England, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by out of the hollow on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:14 pm

Lilee wrote:1. McDonalds
2. Obesity
3. Stupidity

Did I forget to mention obesity? Razz lol, well that's what the US is "known for" I suppose. But I still love it xD

Its so true! xD

I feel better now, you put the things I wanted to put too Razz lol
avatar
out of the hollow

Posts : 975
Join date : 2010-06-07
Age : 29
Location : TX, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by EetuJaKeijut on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:18 pm

1. Metal!
2. Nokia phones
3. Santa Claus? Lapland?

_________________
We can escape to the great sunshine.
avatar
EetuJaKeijut

Posts : 1461
Join date : 2010-06-15
Age : 23
Location : Finland

http://www.myspace.com/epicaaliikaafanittava

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Claudia on Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:46 pm

Apparently us Australians have took over America with obesity, we have more obese people here -_____-

1. Aussie slang (which we barely use)
2. Cricket
3. Our australian wildlife.


It kinda ticks me off when I see Americans on tv imitates the aussie accent and speak in a whole lot of slang which we hardly use, though if you go inland you might be able to hear the aussie slang being thrown around a bit. We pronounce some words differently to americans and we oftenly get mistaken as english over in America because of our accents xD
avatar
Claudia

Posts : 1683
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 20
Location : Australia

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Krissy on Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:47 pm

I think america is a pretty country...No country is perfuct.

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Lilee on Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:58 pm

Claudia wrote:
It kinda ticks me off when I see Americans on tv imitates the aussie accent and speak in a whole lot of slang which we hardly use, though if you go inland you might be able to hear the aussie slang being thrown around a bit. We pronounce some words differently to americans and we oftenly get mistaken as english over in America because of our accents xD

I can't imitate any Australian accents xD It just sounds too....neutral to me? Like when I'm speaking to an Australian, I don't really pay much attention to the accent. As oppose to some one who's British or Irish, then all I can focus on is their accent.
avatar
Lilee

Posts : 1445
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:56 am

1. Beautiful women
2. Estonians are very slow minded and closed people
3. The feud with the beast in the east Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Spekt on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:49 am

Claudia wrote:

It kinda ticks me off when I see Americans on tv imitates the aussie accent and speak in a whole lot of slang which we hardly use, though if you go inland you might be able to hear the aussie slang being thrown around a bit. We pronounce some words differently to americans and we oftenly get mistaken as english over in America because of our accents xD

Who are you speaking about when you say "Americans"? Because, geographically, there is North America, Central America, and South America. By ethnicity, there is also a Latin America - comprising of countries whose primary language is not English (all the Spanish-speaking countries, and Brazil - whose primary language is Portugese.) Together they are known as America. Individually, they are very diffrent and each is known for MANY things, from the magnificent to the horrific.

Myself, Im from the United States. And unless you have your head stuck in the news tabloids reading garbage they say about this beautiful country, you'd probably know us for this.

1. A place where you can go to start a new life.
2. Baseball
3. Apple Pie
avatar
Spekt

Posts : 175
Join date : 2010-06-08
Age : 32
Location : Redwood City, California

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Claudia on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:09 am

Spekt wrote:
Claudia wrote:

It kinda ticks me off when I see Americans on tv imitates the aussie accent and speak in a whole lot of slang which we hardly use, though if you go inland you might be able to hear the aussie slang being thrown around a bit. We pronounce some words differently to americans and we oftenly get mistaken as english over in America because of our accents xD

Who are you speaking about when you say "Americans"? Because, geographically, there is North America, Central America, and South America. By ethnicity, there is also a Latin America - comprising of countries whose primary language is not English (all the Spanish-speaking countries, and Brazil - whose primary language is Portugese.) Together they are known as America. Individually, they are very diffrent and each is known for MANY things, from the magnificent to the horrific.

Myself, Im from the United States. And unless you have your head stuck in the news tabloids reading garbage they say about this beautiful country, you'd probably know us for this.

1. A place where you can go to start a new life.
2. Baseball
3. Apple Pie


Hmm yeah, America has compose many different accents but I find them going a little over board with the mimicing our accent, it's ridiculous sometimes. Yes we might of been speaking a lot of aussie slang back in the old days but we speak perfectly normal now with a bit of slang.

And apple pie? Australia is known for meat pies lol!
avatar
Claudia

Posts : 1683
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 20
Location : Australia

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by mimi on Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:28 am

i agree with armastaja

1. beautiful women
2. blonde peopl
3. where the hell is estonia?


lol

_________________
Don't let the bastards get you down.
avatar
mimi
Admin

Posts : 3652
Join date : 2010-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Secret Land of Mimi

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Claudia on Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:30 am

lol XD "Where the hell is Estonia?"

A friend found out where Estonia is a few days ago and I felt so proud of her :]
avatar
Claudia

Posts : 1683
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 20
Location : Australia

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Krissy on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:51 am

I think the more popular kerli get's the more people will know were estonia is..lol

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:08 am

New Zealand...

I don't really know. All Blacks? A girl from my class went to Germany on exchange and they were all surprised to find out that she wasn't very good at sport lol xD when I was in England, people always thought my accent was Australian and whenever I corrected them they'd be like "oh i'm sorry you must hate getting confused with the enemy" lol enemy? how about FRIENDLY NEIGHBOUR!?! My friend's dad is from China and he says that kiwis are waterproof because we don't get sick everytime we're caught in the rain or something. idk...
avatar
Iridescent_Revival_<3

Posts : 756
Join date : 2010-06-11
Age : 23
Location : New Zealand

http://thefaetoldmetodoit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Claudia on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:51 am

Is there a lot of sheep in NZ???

That's something you guys are known for :]
avatar
Claudia

Posts : 1683
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 20
Location : Australia

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:33 am

ooh YES!! hehe my grandma had a sheep farm ^^ i used to go over there every year for my birthday x3
avatar
Iridescent_Revival_<3

Posts : 756
Join date : 2010-06-11
Age : 23
Location : New Zealand

http://thefaetoldmetodoit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Lilee on Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:38 am

Lord of the Rings was filmed in NZ too, correct?
avatar
Lilee

Posts : 1445
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:40 am

why yes, it was!

lol people overseas know more about my own country than i do! FAIL.
avatar
Iridescent_Revival_<3

Posts : 756
Join date : 2010-06-11
Age : 23
Location : New Zealand

http://thefaetoldmetodoit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Krissy on Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:33 am

wow.what an instersting country.


canada is also know for "anne of green gables"!

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Lilee on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:42 pm

And Canada has awesome singers! Celine Dion, Loreena Mckennitt, Avril, Nelly Furtado, etc. I love you
avatar
Lilee

Posts : 1445
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Krissy on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:47 pm

ya,I like some of our singers...

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Claudia on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:58 pm

People think that we ride kangaroos and emus -___-

But then again some people think that Canadians ride polarbears.
avatar
Claudia

Posts : 1683
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 20
Location : Australia

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Krissy on Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:52 pm

LOL..Lots of people have wrong ideas of what canada is...lol

like i get asked if we have christmas like americans....is it cold all year around..blah blah

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Claudia on Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:18 pm

haha yeah, and do all Canadians have a moose head on their wall -___-


Stereotypes are stupid when it comes to countries.
avatar
Claudia

Posts : 1683
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 20
Location : Australia

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Krissy on Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:42 am

i have to agree....It's like people think canadians have our own launge or something....& we all speake french..Like online people be like ur not canadain ur not talking like canadain girl..lmfao

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Claudia on Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:46 am

I thought canadians had their own language when I was younger. I know there is french canada but I don't think they speak french, just heavily accented.
avatar
Claudia

Posts : 1683
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 20
Location : Australia

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Krissy on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:01 am

our french i think is not heavey like in pars/france.

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Claudia on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:02 am

hmm now that is cleared up. Then French Canada has a slight french accent, I see.
avatar
Claudia

Posts : 1683
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 20
Location : Australia

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Krissy on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:09 am

yeah,I think so..Iam not postive but that's what i heard..who knows....

cuz in school we have to learn french. ehh..

but i don't speake french..

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Claudia on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:10 am

French I am learning, it sucks because you pretty much need to speak with an accent.
avatar
Claudia

Posts : 1683
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 20
Location : Australia

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Krissy on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:13 am

i think french is very hard...i remmeber my friends saying it was and they did't like it.

Afther grade 7 i did't have to take french class anymore...The teachers felt i needed help with my math instead..

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Claudia on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:15 am

I don't like it either, German seems appropriate for someone who just started to learn a language in their first year because some words are similar to english.
avatar
Claudia

Posts : 1683
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 20
Location : Australia

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Krissy on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:23 am

I don't blame you..I think this taking french should be a option.

Id rather learn my mothers language..would mean more to me..


it's not that i don't like fench its just i don't have any use for it...would't be useful for me..

celion dion is french and you can tell cuz she has a accent.

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Claudia on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:33 am

And there should be more options at school, all you learn here is Japanese and French. And our language teacher in french class isn't a french teacher. She knows only little french. I don't really see Paris all that romantic as everyone say it is, it sounds very posh and expensive.
avatar
Claudia

Posts : 1683
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 20
Location : Australia

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Krissy on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:38 am

sAME WITH ME. i don't think that either.

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Claudia on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:41 am

Over in French people expect you to speak in the language, they can be kind of stuck up with their language from what I heard.

Where in estonia people would be surprise if you tried to speak their language.
avatar
Claudia

Posts : 1683
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 20
Location : Australia

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Krissy on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:43 am

I heard that too....

Same...I think i rather viste other countries ,,I paris does look beautiful tho.


whenever i read books..They seem to alway's have the characters visting paris/france/ Germery..ect..

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Claudia on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:47 am

But I can't judge upon that too rudely, and it would be quite pointless to visit a country where you don't even have a clue how to speak it.

I don't think Venice is too beautiful either, the culture is unique though but really?

The book I had read was based around Ireland.

Those countries are popular and if I did wrote I book I would include the characters to come from a background in a country that people don't really notice it exists.
avatar
Claudia

Posts : 1683
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 20
Location : Australia

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Krissy on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:53 am

Same with me.....people can be rude in any country you know?

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:19 pm

1. Vodka
2. Extremely cold weather
3. Beautiful women

But actually its not that true about weather, is just a myth ;D

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Siim on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:29 pm

1. Kerli Very Happy
2. Old town in Tallinn
3. e-country (We can select our parliament in internet, we have NATO's cyber defence center and so on)
avatar
Siim

Posts : 101
Join date : 2010-06-06
Age : 31
Location : Estonia

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Winter on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:32 pm

1. Bridge between Asia and Europe (İstanbul- the Bosphorus)
2. Rakı (an alcoholic beverage, it has no color but when u add water in it, it turns white)
2,5. Belly dancing?!?
3. Turkish delight


Last edited by Winter on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Winter

Posts : 481
Join date : 2010-11-20
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by alis18 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:33 pm

1.Mexican food xD
2. Insecurity
3. cancun ?XDD
avatar
alis18

Posts : 391
Join date : 2011-01-02
Age : 22
Location : Mexico

http://www.facebook.com/aliciangli

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by BrowniesBeffy on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:58 pm

Have I written here before? O_O

1. MONEEEYYY, it feels like everyone's rich here.
2. Fish or something, lol.
3. Oil.
avatar
BrowniesBeffy

Posts : 2100
Join date : 2010-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Sunnech on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:59 pm

alis18 wrote:1.Mexican food xD
2. Insecurity
3. cancun ?XDD

hahaha i love the 2..!! hahahhaa

Sunnech

Posts : 811
Join date : 2010-06-13
Age : 25
Location : in a wonder and creepy house.. call home..

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by JaneLove on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:41 pm

1. Obesity
2. Stupidity
3. Arrogance

Gotta love it. Lol.

But where I live, we're suuuuuper famous for our skiing.
avatar
JaneLove

Posts : 245
Join date : 2010-12-22
Age : 21
Location : mountains of a faerie land

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by alis18 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Sunnech wrote:
alis18 wrote:1.Mexican food xD
2. Insecurity
3. cancun ?XDD

hahaha i love the 2..!! hahahhaa

i knowwww right?
that's so true
avatar
alis18

Posts : 391
Join date : 2011-01-02
Age : 22
Location : Mexico

http://www.facebook.com/aliciangli

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum