Something out of the clear blue sky

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Something out of the clear blue sky

Post by lunachild on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:14 pm

Everything happens for a reason...
Or at least that's what they tell you.
But is there really a reason for everything?
God, I wish I knew.

I could never decide if it was all real or just a dream. It could have been either, but I try not to ponder it anymore now that I know... or at least I think I know.

Okay this is sort of a preview to something I have in mind. Its really short so don't laugh. Just tell me if it sounds like it might turn out good Smile
lunachild

Location : Taking a walk on that little beach somewhere on the peaceful island in my mind...

Back to top Go down

Re: Something out of the clear blue sky

Post by moonchildmaybelline on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:16 pm

sounds like it could be good! writing is not a skill i posses sadly, so think everyones stuff is amazing.
moonchildmaybelline

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:20 pm

Thanks Smile I think I'm going to try and get at least a paragraph done soon... although I have multiple things I'm working on... Embarassed
lunachild

Location : Taking a walk on that little beach somewhere on the peaceful island in my mind...

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildmaybelline on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:22 pm

go for it Smile i try working on multiple projects at once too, i get bored so easily XD
moonchildmaybelline

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild on Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:23 am

lunachild wrote:Everything happens for a reason...
God, I wish I knew.

I could never decide if it was all real or just a dream. It could have been either, but I try not to ponder it anymore now that I know... or at least I think I know.

It all started a long while ago. I sat beneath the old willow on the far end of my father's property, on the other side of the large pond that glistened upon it. This pond was so wide and grand that you had to boat across it to get to the other side, for according to my Grandmother Matrona it was not lady like to swim across. Yes, it was the nineteenth century, but she was always so old fashioned, even after we came over to the Americas from Russia to escape the growing troubles there. We were a wealthy family so my father had bought the best piece of land as far west as he could find, deep within the rolling hills and mountains of the free country. Still, I did no know the names of the states, even now I don't, so I couldn't tell you where I was exactly. Just that I wasn't as happy here as I had been in my own country.

So over the few long months we have lived here, I'd always found peace beneath the old willow on the far side of the property. Even though grandmother told me to never go alone, I had and always will. Of course it was hard to row back and forth by myself, but I got used to it.
lunachild

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild on Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:02 pm

I will keep quoting until Chapter 1 is recorded here completely. I will do the same with Chapter 2, 3, 4, and so on.

lunachild wrote:
lunachild wrote:Everything happens for a reason...
God, I wish I knew.

It all started a long while ago. I sat beneath the old willow on the far end of my father's property, on the other side of the large pond that glistened upon it. This pond was so wide and grand that you had to boat across it to get to the other side, for according to my Grandmother Matrona it was not lady like to swim across. Yes, it was the nineteenth century, but she was always so old fashioned, even after we came over to the Americas from Russia to escape the growing troubles there. We were a wealthy family so my father had bought the best piece of land as far west as he could find, deep within the rolling hills and mountains of the free country. Still, I did no know the names of the states, even now I don't, so I couldn't tell you where I was exactly. Just that I wasn't as happy here as I had been in my own country.

So over the few long months we have lived here, I'd always found peace beneath the old willow on the far side of the property. Even though grandmother told me to never go alone, I had and always will. Of course it was hard to row back and forth by myself, but I got used to it.

It was summer time then, and the sun shone brightly through the drooping branches of the willow that provided enough shade for me to not get the regular burn or tan that a servant would have, though of course I had my hat and umbrella in the case where I would need them. My grandmother always said that my skin must stay as pure white as freshly fallen snow, so as to signify my position in the world. I was not to do any hard labor outside or in, and when I would play my hat was tightly pinned to my head so that the sun would not crisp up my smooth, pale skin.
lunachild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top