Album release delayed

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by zeeke starz on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:25 pm

As a fan of fantasy feeling music and dubstep I love new kerli Smile I still listen to LID and I think of the memories I've had :')
avatar
zeeke starz

Posts : 118
Join date : 2011-02-24
Location : Austin, Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by stargirlstrike on Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

TanyaMinxy wrote:
Aduhm wrote:Next: She was confused to why people were calling her song “Let The Kids Unite.” The Official title is “Can’t Control The Kids.”

She never told us the title, I dont see how could she be confused -.-

I thought somewhere she said it was called "Let the Kids Unite" after people were calling it "Heartline." Unless I'm mixing up songs. I'm probably wrong.

I do like the new sound just because I like club music/electro/techno a lot. Not so much dubstep, but still. The songs make me want to dance. As intense as LiD was and how full of feeling, I don't identify with it so much anymore. It made me feel good that someone could relate to how I felt, but since I've gotten so much happier with life I just end up feeling really down when I listen to it now because I'm reminded of the sadness I used to be in...
I miss the more bubblegoth sounding things like WoA though. A lot of her new stuff sounds very like a lot of things that are already out.
avatar
stargirlstrike

Posts : 1329
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 25
Location : US

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by maintube on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:20 pm

IDJ is a bunch of bitches for trying to make Miss Kerli conform to their vision of hip hop/rap/techno crap. I think Miss Kerli will represent herself well and her soul will be there, albeit hidden some. IDJ should be ashamed of themselves. They had no business signing her if they weren't going to be honest about letting her make her music. I hate them for doing that to her.
avatar
maintube

Posts : 257
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 65
Location : Ortt Cloud

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Krissy on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:22 am

maintube wrote:IDJ is a bunch of bitches for trying to make Miss Kerli conform to their vision of hip hop/rap/techno crap. I think Miss Kerli will represent herself well and her soul will be there, albeit hidden some. IDJ should be ashamed of themselves. They had no business signing her if they weren't going to be honest about letting her make her music. I hate them for doing that to her.

Yeah, I know what you mean.Tho kerli seems to be enjoying doing this type of music tho.

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by LadyMimic on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:01 pm

Her label might of advised her to make music that was popular at the moment but Kerli wouldn't make music that doesn't have any meaning to her. I remember an old chat video that she did where she said that she wants each album to be different so then she can look back and see what her life was like during those times.
avatar
LadyMimic

Posts : 530
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 24
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Krissy on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Ya,Her label wants her to do music that sells.

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Natt on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:20 pm

I'm sorry but I can't read it.......
avatar
Natt

Posts : 5467
Join date : 2010-06-13
Age : 27
Location : Poland

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Krissy on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:28 pm

ok

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by MrCaptivation on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Winter wrote:
Aduhm wrote:She told me “I feel so far away from my first album right now. I can’t connect with Love Is Dead anymore.”.
Sad, sad to hear that. Means no more awesome & unique Kerli music for me. =)

Nice to hear that the new album WILL BE out tho. ~

Um, just because it's not the same sound as LiD, doesn't mean it won't be awesome and unique.
It's called artistic growth. There's NO reason that anyone should stay the same forever. If she didn't change her sound, I'm pretty sure that I would get bored with it. I mean, who wants to listen to songs that sound the same as before? THAT'S not unique or awesome. She's not a one-trick pony, so let her expand her repertoire.
avatar
MrCaptivation

Posts : 174
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 23
Location : Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Krissy on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:21 am

I think it's just some people/Kerli fans don't like Dance/bubble pop music.

Some fans i guess are more into dark music or more rock sound.


Yeah,I know it be boring if ppl didn't change the sound.anways we can't 100% judge intill we here this album.

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by MrCaptivation on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Yah, that's what I'm thinking.
I'm into darker music as well. But, for Kerli, I'm willing to give this "bubble" pop music a chance!
avatar
MrCaptivation

Posts : 174
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 23
Location : Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Krissy on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Yeah,I wounder if all moonchildren/Kerli fans will love her new album.

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Aduhm on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:55 pm

i can't wait for the album, i know i'll love it Very Happy
avatar
Aduhm

Posts : 1532
Join date : 2011-10-22
Age : 20
Location : In a Black, Black World, there was a Black, Black Town.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Krissy on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Very Happy

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by maintube on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:50 pm

Krissy wrote:I think it's just some people/Kerli fans don't like Dance/bubble pop music.

Some fans i guess are more into dark music or more rock sound.


Yeah,I know it be boring if ppl didn't change the sound.anways we can't 100% judge intill we here this album.

I actually do like dance /techno. I have a lot of Daft Punk on my PC. Despite my last comment I most likely will enjoy the next music set by Miss Kerli. I still feel she should have a say in WHAT she wants to do.

I enjoy rock, but darker music really doesn't do much for me. I like Evanescense and think Amy Lee has an incredible voice (I would put her next to Gaga in ability). The darkness of their music does, however, keep me from listening to it a lot at a time. 3/4 tunes is all I can handle. Pink Floyd does the same to me.
avatar
maintube

Posts : 257
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 65
Location : Ortt Cloud

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Krissy on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:06 pm

ohok.That's cool.I understand that...I know i listen to different type of music depending on my mood to.. I do like pop music.Just some pop music im not a fan of.I agree kerli should have a say in the type of music she wants to sing in

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by MrCaptivation on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:07 pm

maintube wrote: I enjoy rock, but darker music really doesn't do much for me. I like Evanescense and think Amy Lee has an incredible voice (I would put her next to Gaga in ability). The darkness of their music does, however, keep me from listening to it a lot at a time. 3/4 tunes is all I can handle. Pink Floyd does the same to me.

...I'm sorry, but Amy Lee out ranks Lady Gaga any day of the week. Not trying to biased or anything, it's just that Amy Lee's music takes TALENT to perform while Lady Gaga's is for the most part made by someone else. All she does is write some lyrics and dress like an idiot.
When Lady Gaga can acheive what Evanescence has acheived without wearing a meat dress, THEN they might be equal.
Let's see Lady Gaga try any of their music. Another thing is, when you look up people covering each artist's music, ANYONE can sing Lady Gaga. I have yet to see a decent Evanescence cover.
ANYWAY, Kerli's album will be bombin'. If not, I'm going to mad that I've wasted all this time waiting for it.



Last edited by MrCaptivation on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot something)
avatar
MrCaptivation

Posts : 174
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 23
Location : Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by phantom1701 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:34 am

MrCaptivation wrote:I have yet to see a decent Evanescence cover.
check out mine Razz Razz Razz
avatar
phantom1701

Posts : 962
Join date : 2011-01-15
Location : Mooniverse

http://www.nightwish-croatia.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Street Halo on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:34 am

doll face and bubble gum probably arent on the album, bubble gum definitely isnt although i love it *3*
avatar
Street Halo

Posts : 456
Join date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Krissy on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:57 am

Glad to know bubble wouldn't be a choice for the new album

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by ShadowViolin on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Oh no i adore Bubble Gum :/

she definitely should release an album or two with unreleased songs xD
avatar
ShadowViolin

Posts : 322
Join date : 2011-09-25
Age : 25
Location : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Krissy on Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:57 pm

yeah,she should.lol

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by maintube on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:33 pm

MrCaptivation wrote:
maintube wrote: I enjoy rock, but darker music really doesn't do much for me. I like Evanescense and think Amy Lee has an incredible voice (I would put her next to Gaga in ability). The darkness of their music does, however, keep me from listening to it a lot at a time. 3/4 tunes is all I can handle. Pink Floyd does the same to me.

...I'm sorry, but Amy Lee out ranks Lady Gaga any day of the week. Not trying to biased or anything, it's just that Amy Lee's music takes TALENT to perform while Lady Gaga's is for the most part made by someone else. All she does is write some lyrics and dress like an idiot.
When Lady Gaga can acheive what Evanescence has acheived without wearing a meat dress, THEN they might be equal.
Let's see Lady Gaga try any of their music. Another thing is, when you look up people covering each artist's music, ANYONE can sing Lady Gaga. I have yet to see a decent Evanescence cover.
ANYWAY, Kerli's album will be bombin'. If not, I'm going to mad that I've wasted all this time waiting for it.


Not sure why you're busting my chops over this. Both singers have talent. Granted Gaga's music is more commercial, but on the other hand, she IS a classically trained singer who went to college at the NYU music school. Just because Gaga's music is commercial doesn't change her talent. How she uses said talent is up to her and her managers. I HAVE heard Gaga do acoustic versions of her songs on Youtube and I can tell you, it's not anything like her produced music. You REALLY get a chance to hear her SING.

I plainly stated that Amy has a great voice. I just can't listen to her group for long without tiring of all the minor tonality.

I think Pink has a very adaptable voice and does songs in a variety of styles.

Miss Kerli has a great voice, but I'm not sure her range and ability match Amy or Gaga. That doesn't mean I don't like her. Point of fact, I like Miss Kerli MORE than Evanescense, the group. It's a style thing for me.
avatar
maintube

Posts : 257
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 65
Location : Ortt Cloud

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by MrCaptivation on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:37 pm

maintube wrote:
MrCaptivation wrote:
maintube wrote: I enjoy rock, but darker music really doesn't do much for me. I like Evanescense and think Amy Lee has an incredible voice (I would put her next to Gaga in ability). The darkness of their music does, however, keep me from listening to it a lot at a time. 3/4 tunes is all I can handle. Pink Floyd does the same to me.

...I'm sorry, but Amy Lee out ranks Lady Gaga any day of the week. Not trying to biased or anything, it's just that Amy Lee's music takes TALENT to perform while Lady Gaga's is for the most part made by someone else. All she does is write some lyrics and dress like an idiot.
When Lady Gaga can acheive what Evanescence has acheived without wearing a meat dress, THEN they might be equal.
Let's see Lady Gaga try any of their music. Another thing is, when you look up people covering each artist's music, ANYONE can sing Lady Gaga. I have yet to see a decent Evanescence cover.
ANYWAY, Kerli's album will be bombin'. If not, I'm going to mad that I've wasted all this time waiting for it.


Not sure why you're busting my chops over this. Both singers have talent. Granted Gaga's music is more commercial, but on the other hand, she IS a classically trained singer who went to college at the NYU music school. Just because Gaga's music is commercial doesn't change her talent. How she uses said talent is up to her and her managers. I HAVE heard Gaga do acoustic versions of her songs on Youtube and I can tell you, it's not anything like her produced music. You REALLY get a chance to hear her SING.

I plainly stated that Amy has a great voice. I just can't listen to her group for long without tiring of all the minor tonality.

I think Pink has a very adaptable voice and does songs in a variety of styles.

Miss Kerli has a great voice, but I'm not sure her range and ability match Amy or Gaga. That doesn't mean I don't like her. Point of fact, I like Miss Kerli MORE than Evanescense, the group. It's a style thing for me.

A. Amy Lee was classically trained as well. And I understand. Evanescence is a little difficult to listen to sometimes, due to the dark vibe in everything.

B. Lady Gaga's songs (even when they're performed acoustically) don't take too much talent anyway. She has a great voice, I'm just saying that her music is FAR from as talented as Amy Lee's.

C. What does Pink have anything to with this? Haha.

D. I agree, Kerli's technical ABILITY may be surpassed by the other 2, but I think the way she approaches music makes her a better artist than Lady Gaga, and equal to Amy Lee. I listen to Kerli almost daily. Haha. I have to be in a mood for Evanescence and Lady Gaga (which I do like both of them a lot). I understand what you're saying.

I wasn't trying to sound mean or anything! I'm sorry! I just was giving my feedback!
avatar
MrCaptivation

Posts : 174
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 23
Location : Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Street Halo on Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:50 am

ShadowViolin wrote:Oh no i adore Bubble Gum :/

she definitely should release an album or two with unreleased songs xD

Omg me too ^u^ Bubble gum is so fun to listen to

but kerli said its a concept album and there isnt much of a concept to bubble gum -.- plus Island isnt taking the songs down on Youtube which means they dont need to which means the song wont be released
avatar
Street Halo

Posts : 456
Join date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by ShadowViolin on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:13 am

^ well yeah, that's true.... still sad that it's not on the album. I hope Speed Limit will be at least there. The leaked version was deleted on youtube so it's possible that it'll be on the album Smile
avatar
ShadowViolin

Posts : 322
Join date : 2011-09-25
Age : 25
Location : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Krissy on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:02 am

I like speed limit. Very Happy

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Street Halo on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:52 am

i think speed limit will be on it because the demo is getting deleted everywhere :/ fun fact, im listening to it right now Very Happy
avatar
Street Halo

Posts : 456
Join date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Krissy on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:06 am

ya.i downloaed that song

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by maintube on Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:58 am

MrCaptivation wrote:
maintube wrote:
MrCaptivation wrote:
maintube wrote: I enjoy rock, but darker music really doesn't do much for me. I like Evanescense and think Amy Lee has an incredible voice (I would put her next to Gaga in ability). The darkness of their music does, however, keep me from listening to it a lot at a time. 3/4 tunes is all I can handle. Pink Floyd does the same to me.

...I'm sorry, but Amy Lee out ranks Lady Gaga any day of the week. Not trying to biased or anything, it's just that Amy Lee's music takes TALENT to perform while Lady Gaga's is for the most part made by someone else. All she does is write some lyrics and dress like an idiot.
When Lady Gaga can acheive what Evanescence has acheived without wearing a meat dress, THEN they might be equal.
Let's see Lady Gaga try any of their music. Another thing is, when you look up people covering each artist's music, ANYONE can sing Lady Gaga. I have yet to see a decent Evanescence cover.
ANYWAY, Kerli's album will be bombin'. If not, I'm going to mad that I've wasted all this time waiting for it.



Not sure why you're busting my chops over this. Both singers have talent. Granted Gaga's music is more commercial, but on the other hand, she IS a classically trained singer who went to college at the NYU music school. Just because Gaga's music is commercial doesn't change her talent. How she uses said talent is up to her and her managers. I HAVE heard Gaga do acoustic versions of her songs on Youtube and I can tell you, it's not anything like her produced music. You REALLY get a chance to hear her SING.

I plainly stated that Amy has a great voice. I just can't listen to her group for long without tiring of all the minor tonality.

I think Pink has a very adaptable voice and does songs in a variety of styles.

Miss Kerli has a great voice, but I'm not sure her range and ability match Amy or Gaga. That doesn't mean I don't like her. Point of fact, I like Miss Kerli MORE than Evanescense, the group. It's a style thing for me.

A. Amy Lee was classically trained as well. And I understand. Evanescence is a little difficult to listen to sometimes, due to the dark vibe in everything.

B. Lady Gaga's songs (even when they're performed acoustically) don't take too much talent anyway. She has a great voice, I'm just saying that her music is FAR from as talented as Amy Lee's.

C. What does Pink have anything to with this? Haha.

D. I agree, Kerli's technical ABILITY may be surpassed by the other 2, but I think the way she approaches music makes her a better artist than Lady Gaga, and equal to Amy Lee. I listen to Kerli almost daily. Haha. I have to be in a mood for Evanescence and Lady Gaga (which I do like both of them a lot). I understand what you're saying.

I wasn't trying to sound mean or anything! I'm sorry! I just was giving my feedback!

No problem, my man. I added Pink just as a comparison. She doesn't have the technical qualities of Gaga or Amy, but I like her style more.

Amy did not train to be a singer. It's all talent. Her training at Middle Tennessee State was in Theory and Composition.

Gaga for that matter only attended NYU for a year if I recall. She performed in public school quite a bit in school productions.
avatar
maintube

Posts : 257
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 65
Location : Ortt Cloud

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by maintube on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:08 am

Hard to believe that Amy Lee is going to be 31 this December. Born in 81
avatar
maintube

Posts : 257
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 65
Location : Ortt Cloud

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Krissy on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:44 pm

She's a year older then me..

Amy does have a good voice. I like her more then Lady Gaga.Gaga does have a good voice. I just never really got into any of the New singers of today.

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by MrCaptivation on Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:23 pm

maintube wrote:
MrCaptivation wrote:
maintube wrote:
MrCaptivation wrote:
maintube wrote: I enjoy rock, but darker music really doesn't do much for me. I like Evanescense and think Amy Lee has an incredible voice (I would put her next to Gaga in ability). The darkness of their music does, however, keep me from listening to it a lot at a time. 3/4 tunes is all I can handle. Pink Floyd does the same to me.

...I'm sorry, but Amy Lee out ranks Lady Gaga any day of the week. Not trying to biased or anything, it's just that Amy Lee's music takes TALENT to perform while Lady Gaga's is for the most part made by someone else. All she does is write some lyrics and dress like an idiot.
When Lady Gaga can acheive what Evanescence has acheived without wearing a meat dress, THEN they might be equal.
Let's see Lady Gaga try any of their music. Another thing is, when you look up people covering each artist's music, ANYONE can sing Lady Gaga. I have yet to see a decent Evanescence cover.
ANYWAY, Kerli's album will be bombin'. If not, I'm going to mad that I've wasted all this time waiting for it.



Not sure why you're busting my chops over this. Both singers have talent. Granted Gaga's music is more commercial, but on the other hand, she IS a classically trained singer who went to college at the NYU music school. Just because Gaga's music is commercial doesn't change her talent. How she uses said talent is up to her and her managers. I HAVE heard Gaga do acoustic versions of her songs on Youtube and I can tell you, it's not anything like her produced music. You REALLY get a chance to hear her SING.

I plainly stated that Amy has a great voice. I just can't listen to her group for long without tiring of all the minor tonality.

I think Pink has a very adaptable voice and does songs in a variety of styles.

Miss Kerli has a great voice, but I'm not sure her range and ability match Amy or Gaga. That doesn't mean I don't like her. Point of fact, I like Miss Kerli MORE than Evanescense, the group. It's a style thing for me.

A. Amy Lee was classically trained as well. And I understand. Evanescence is a little difficult to listen to sometimes, due to the dark vibe in everything.

B. Lady Gaga's songs (even when they're performed acoustically) don't take too much talent anyway. She has a great voice, I'm just saying that her music is FAR from as talented as Amy Lee's.

C. What does Pink have anything to with this? Haha.

D. I agree, Kerli's technical ABILITY may be surpassed by the other 2, but I think the way she approaches music makes her a better artist than Lady Gaga, and equal to Amy Lee. I listen to Kerli almost daily. Haha. I have to be in a mood for Evanescence and Lady Gaga (which I do like both of them a lot). I understand what you're saying.

I wasn't trying to sound mean or anything! I'm sorry! I just was giving my feedback!

No problem, my man. I added Pink just as a comparison. She doesn't have the technical qualities of Gaga or Amy, but I like her style more.

Amy did not train to be a singer. It's all talent. Her training at Middle Tennessee State was in Theory and Composition.

Gaga for that matter only attended NYU for a year if I recall. She performed in public school quite a bit in school productions.

Amy Lee had a personal vocal-piano teacher since she was a child. Razz

And Amy Lee did MANY things in public school as well. She even wrote the song they performed at graduation. Haha.


Last edited by MrCaptivation on Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot something.)
avatar
MrCaptivation

Posts : 174
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 23
Location : Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Krissy on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:02 pm

wow

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by maintube on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:59 pm

Wow Mr. Cap you lived in Little Rock, Arkansas?
avatar
maintube

Posts : 257
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 65
Location : Ortt Cloud

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by maintube on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Krissy wrote:She's a year older then me..

Amy does have a good voice. I like her more then Lady Gaga.Gaga does have a good voice. I just never really got into any of the New singers of today.

Kerli being the exception, of course.
avatar
maintube

Posts : 257
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 65
Location : Ortt Cloud

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Winter on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:30 am

MrCaptivation wrote:
Winter wrote:
Aduhm wrote:She told me “I feel so far away from my first album right now. I can’t connect with Love Is Dead anymore.”.
Sad, sad to hear that. Means no more awesome & unique Kerli music for me. =)

Nice to hear that the new album WILL BE out tho. ~

Um, just because it's not the same sound as LiD, doesn't mean it won't be awesome and unique.
It's called artistic growth. There's NO reason that anyone should stay the same forever. If she didn't change her sound, I'm pretty sure that I would get bored with it. I mean, who wants to listen to songs that sound the same as before? THAT'S not unique or awesome. She's not a one-trick pony, so let her expand her repertoire.

Well, as you see, I especially wrote "for me" there. Because in MY opinion,any song in LiD outweights any of her new songs. But that's just what *I* think. I do know that she has gained so many new fans with her new style and im happy about that but you cant deny that what she's doing is being a part of the mainstream. Let's say her music is still awesome; but it's not unique. And Writing radio-friendly songs- or the clothes that she now wears are so unlike her old style. And I do prefer her old style. And well we're a bit ignoring the part that Kerli does this to get more known- i'm not blaming her or anything, though, she's even now struggling to get her new album out for.. 2 years or what? Even with her new face... It's not very easy to survive in this wild music industry and how do we say that; she has to play by others' rules at the moment. And I believe that it's keeping her from fully being herself.
And hey, think of Metallica (a very general example) suddenly making pop or rap music. Or dubstep =p Just no. What im saying is, it's not about being a one-trick pony; it's about still being able to create original stuff without a complete change and staying as what you are. There is so many bands/artists that can do that and just because they keep being who they are, no TRUE fan would get bored of them. And for what it's worth, I would happily listen to a new song that sounds like Bulletproof or Love Is Dead. =)
avatar
Winter

Posts : 481
Join date : 2010-11-20
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Street Halo on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:01 pm

I respect your opinion but kerli didnt witness a complete change. there was hints of electropop all over LiD and with this new album she ditched the gloomy sound and started expanding the dance-electro part of her music, there is nothing bad with trying out something new, if this upcoming album was love is dead part 2 i would be much less excited
avatar
Street Halo

Posts : 456
Join date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by MrCaptivation on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:05 pm

maintube wrote:Wow Mr. Cap you lived in Little Rock, Arkansas?

Oh no, but if you watch her interviews and stuff, she talks about it all the time.
And there was some MTV show about big music stars and what they were like when they were 17. That's where I saw Amy talk about it.
I went through an obsessive stage with her. Haha.
avatar
MrCaptivation

Posts : 174
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 23
Location : Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by MrCaptivation on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:07 pm

Winter wrote:
MrCaptivation wrote:
Winter wrote:
Aduhm wrote:She told me “I feel so far away from my first album right now. I can’t connect with Love Is Dead anymore.”.
Sad, sad to hear that. Means no more awesome & unique Kerli music for me. =)

Nice to hear that the new album WILL BE out tho. ~

Um, just because it's not the same sound as LiD, doesn't mean it won't be awesome and unique.
It's called artistic growth. There's NO reason that anyone should stay the same forever. If she didn't change her sound, I'm pretty sure that I would get bored with it. I mean, who wants to listen to songs that sound the same as before? THAT'S not unique or awesome. She's not a one-trick pony, so let her expand her repertoire.

Well, as you see, I especially wrote "for me" there. Because in MY opinion,any song in LiD outweights any of her new songs. But that's just what *I* think. I do know that she has gained so many new fans with her new style and im happy about that but you cant deny that what she's doing is being a part of the mainstream. Let's say her music is still awesome; but it's not unique. And Writing radio-friendly songs- or the clothes that she now wears are so unlike her old style. And I do prefer her old style. And well we're a bit ignoring the part that Kerli does this to get more known- i'm not blaming her or anything, though, she's even now struggling to get her new album out for.. 2 years or what? Even with her new face... It's not very easy to survive in this wild music industry and how do we say that; she has to play by others' rules at the moment. And I believe that it's keeping her from fully being herself.
And hey, think of Metallica (a very general example) suddenly making pop or rap music. Or dubstep =p Just no. What im saying is, it's not about being a one-trick pony; it's about still being able to create original stuff without a complete change and staying as what you are. There is so many bands/artists that can do that and just because they keep being who they are, no TRUE fan would get bored of them. And for what it's worth, I would happily listen to a new song that sounds like Bulletproof or Love Is Dead. =)

I understand your point! And I LOVED her first album. I stilllllll listen to it almost every day. I miss her old sound, but I'm really just excited that she's going to be putting out new music!

Anywaaaaaay, it would be awesome if "Speed Limit" were on the new album! I love that song!
avatar
MrCaptivation

Posts : 174
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 23
Location : Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Krissy on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:33 pm

Street Halo wrote:I respect your opinion but kerli didnt witness a complete change. there was hints of electropop all over LiD and with this new album she ditched the gloomy sound and started expanding the dance-electro part of her music, there is nothing bad with trying out something new, if this upcoming album was love is dead part 2 i would be much less excited

I have to agree with you winter on this one.I'M not excited anymore for her new Album. I'M happy to see it's finally coming out tho. I think Kerli's old demos and Love is Dead Album is timeless/Classic music that people will still love in years to come. you never get tired of it.


Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Street Halo on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Ok

i think you should wait for the album and then judge it. im sure she didnt waste 5 years and never thought about her old fans who supported her when she wasn't pop yet
avatar
Street Halo

Posts : 456
Join date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Krissy on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:59 pm

I still support her..

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Street Halo on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:21 pm

k me too
avatar
Street Halo

Posts : 456
Join date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Krissy on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:35 pm

Cool


Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by maintube on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Just out of curiosity, but is Speed Limit new? I have a pretty good mp3 of it.

I ask because if it's out in the internet it can't be that new.

BTW I like the song a lot.

BTW X 2. This is the first time I've seen Kerli perform with a real band. (youtube vid)

avatar
maintube

Posts : 257
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 65
Location : Ortt Cloud

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Aduhm on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:32 pm

Speed limit is the first song Kerli wrote for this new album, but a demo leaked in January of last year. She said it will still be on the album, but that was a while ago so nobody knows. so i guess it's kind of new.
avatar
Aduhm

Posts : 1532
Join date : 2011-10-22
Age : 20
Location : In a Black, Black World, there was a Black, Black Town.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by maintube on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:37 pm

OK thanks Aduhm. Hopefully it will be filled out more to give it a different overall sound.
avatar
maintube

Posts : 257
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 65
Location : Ortt Cloud

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Krissy on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:34 am

Ya.I have a good speed limit MP3 demo too,

Krissy

Posts : 12195
Join date : 2010-06-06
Location : In my own world.

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by MrCaptivation on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Me toooooooooo, me and my sister STAYED singing that song when we first heard it!
We always sang it with a Japanese accent! XD
avatar
MrCaptivation

Posts : 174
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 23
Location : Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Re: Album release delayed

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum