Forgive & forget?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forgive & forget?

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:10 pm

So can you forgive & forget?... hmm..This is kind of hard to answer. I think it really depends on the person & what the problem was. Some Stuff is really hard to let go and forgive the person. Not always easy ya know?. I can forgive some one..I just NEVER forget what happned. We all make mistakes in life. We are NOT perfect. Just sometimes it takes time.

Back to top Go down

Re: Forgive & forget?

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:15 pm

I believe that forgiveness cannot exist without repentence. I thought I'd mention this because I'm always judged as a "bitch" if I don't forgive someone, but I just think "They haven't even said sorry. There is no guilt in their eyes. If they could do it again, they would without hesitation". Surely that is logical? I don't want to make myself vulnerable to someone who is likely to hurt me again, because I might not be able to take it. However, if that person is generally sorry for what they did, I can trust them because they know how much they've hurt me and they truly regret putting me through that pain.

Hmmm does that answer the question??
Iridescent_Revival_<3

http://thefaetoldmetodoit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph325625 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:17 pm

beautiful_inside09 wrote:So can you forgive & forget?... hmm..This is kind of hard to answer. I think it really depends on the person & what the problem was. Some Stuff is really hard to let go and forgive the person. Not always easy ya know?. I can forgive some one..I just NEVER forget what happned. We all make mistakes in life. We are NOT perfect. Just sometimes it takes time.

yeah i can for give but i never forget and i give 2nd chances but after that i dont give anymore chances. well it really just depends on what they do.
joseph325625

http://www.myspace.com/400641326

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Iridescent_Revival_<3 wrote:I believe that forgiveness cannot exist without repentence. I thought I'd mention this because I'm always judged as a "bitch" if I don't forgive someone, but I just think "They haven't even said sorry. There is no guilt in their eyes. If they could do it again, they would without hesitation". Surely that is logical? I don't want to make myself vulnerable to someone who is likely to hurt me again, because I might not be able to take it. However, if that person is generally sorry for what they did, I can trust them because they know how much they've hurt me and they truly regret putting me through that pain.

Hmmm does that answer the question??

i understand that quit well. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:19 pm

oh good lol i kinda rambled on a bit there, didn't i? xD
Iridescent_Revival_<3

Back to top Go down

Post by pixiedust19 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:34 pm

im not sure if i can or not? it depends... one time i had this "friend" and she did/said some really mean things so i just avoided her for a while, then she apologized and i accepted her apology and we were friends agan until she did/said some really mean things again. Rolling Eyes

pixiedust19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:36 pm

naah, it was fine..I do understand what u meant..I just ened a friendship with a person cuz she did nothing but "hurt me" so i can keep forgiving her all the time knowing she will just do the same crap again..I mean i forgave her..but now i let go lo..

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildLuis on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:38 pm

Forgiveness is kinda a hard thing to earn from me. The person must undoubtable be filled with regret for what they did. And even if i forgive them the deed is not forgotten, I will not be fooled twice.
MoonChildLuis

http://www.myspace.com/siberian777

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:38 pm

pixiedust19 wrote:im not sure if i can or not? it depends... one time i had this "friend" and she did/said some really mean things so i just avoided her for a while, then she apologized and i accepted her apology and we were friends agan until she did/said some really mean things again. Rolling Eyes

that's pretty much how a friend of mine acted online i had.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:38 pm

MoonChildLuis wrote:Forgiveness is kinda a hard thing to earn from me. The person must undoubtable be filled with regret for what they did. And even if i forgive them the deed is not forgotten, I will not be fooled twice.
it takes me a while to trust people..

Back to top Go down

Post by IvanSpirit7 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:41 pm

I can forgive all to all...

Its easy,isnt it? Rolling Eyes

Wink
IvanSpirit7

http://www.youtube.com/user/IvanSpirit7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:43 pm

Yeah, well different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:03 pm

I can forgive and never really forget.
There is one time where I never forgive someone and that is last year.
I was friends with a girl and she turned out to be a real bitch and would lie to get attention. She even try to copy me, everything I do she wants to out do it. Even my sense of style, I do not want a clone of myself and she even try to get me expelled from the school. Trying to frame me for something I didn't do, It got so worst that I get stressed being around her and she had to keep her distance.
Year 6 was a very stressful year for me and I ignored her the rest of the year. But now I am in high school I am more relax and calm.
Claudia

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretta on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:17 am

I often forgive... I forgive almost everyone but I never forget what they've done :/ I'm not angry anymore but I feel sadness when I hang out with those people because I feel like they betrayed me and I can't believe they did it. I'm trying to be nice to them, pretending that nothing happened but it kills me inside that they could hurt me so much and they don't even understand it :/
Gretta

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamsdontsleep on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:28 am

I always hand out a second or third chance, but I never ever forget what they've done.
Like this girl I was friends with, we'd been off and on for ~ages~, she'd constantly put me down for everything, and steal friends etc. but the thing that finally got me was when she stole my boyfriend from right under my nose and started making out with him infront of me while we were "together". And now she keeps adding me on Facebook constantly Rolling Eyes
dreamsdontsleep

http://dreamsdontsleep.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:35 am

dreamsdontsleep wrote:I always hand out a second or third chance, but I never ever forget what they've done.
Like this girl I was friends with, we'd been off and on for ~ages~, she'd constantly put me down for everything, and steal friends etc. but the thing that finally got me was when she stole my boyfriend from right under my nose and started making out with him infront of me while we were &quot;together&quot;. And now she keeps adding me on Facebook constantly Rolling Eyes

gawd that's horrible
Iridescent_Revival_<3

Back to top Go down

Post by EetuJaKeijut on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:22 am

I forgive easily, even when it's something big. My granmother pretty much messed up my whole life three years ago and ruined everything but i still could forgive her half an year ago, don't think i will ever forget the things tho.

http://www.myspace.com/epicaaliikaafanittava

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:52 am

I can forgive but i will never forget.
One of my best friends made me cry A LOT. i didn't speak to her for a year until she came to me and apologized. yeah, she said sorry but to me, it wasnt enough. we're friends now but i still remember it.

Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:09 pm

mimi wrote:I can forgive but i will never forget.
One of my best friends made me cry A LOT. i didn't speak to her for a year until she came to me and apologized. yeah, she said sorry but to me, it wasnt enough. we're friends now but i still remember it.

I can understand that!

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:54 am

I forgive ppl always even if it hurt me
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:53 am

mimi wrote:I can forgive but i will never forget.

It's the same with me as well.
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:22 am

its hard to forgive when you been hurt

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down