7 Deadly Sins

View previous topic View next topic Go down

7 Deadly Sins

Post by MoonChildLuis on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:24 pm

Ok I'm sure everyone has at least heard of the 7 Deadly Sins, well I believe that each one of us has one that stands from the rest. I also think it'd be a nice goal to overcome our individual flaw.  The sins are: Vanity, Envy, Gluttony, Lust, Wrath, Greed, Sloth. Here's and explanation for each:

Vanity (pride) is excessive belief in one's own abilities, It has been called the sin from which all others arise. 

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires. ( It does not specifically mean eating, it basically means taking more than needed. This can be confused for Greed but the two are completely different.)

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Wrath is manifested in the individual who opposes love and opts instead for fury.

Greed is the constant, unsatisfiable desire for material wealth or gain.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

My sin is Envy, what's yours?

-----------------------------------

Ok, I'm sure that everyone knows that no one is perfect, we are human. As humans we have our flaws and make mistakes, the important part is that we learn from them. This post is just to say " I'm human and this is my flaw"

For the religious people, the deadly sins are different from mortal sins, as in the deadly sins are forgivable. "God is love and you will always be loved. ~ Kerli" ...... As for forgiveness of sins, "Ask and you shall receive" right?

Last edited by MoonChildLuis on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
MoonChildLuis

http://www.myspace.com/siberian777

Back to top Go down

Re: 7 Deadly Sins

Post by TheLastSongbird on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:44 pm

Mine is Envy. I can experience severe drops in self-confidence. During those sorts of days I start to envy those with a large amount of talent or confidence, those who I believe are more beautiful than I am, or people who are greatly admired and have lots of friends and lively social lives.

I'm starting to have those feelings less though Smile

TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:56 pm

I was feeling very jelouse over my online's friend..I had a crazy idea that she liked her more then me and would rather talk to her then me..and sometimes being jelouse can make u do stupid crazy things....I've pretty much over come this.....Next time i feel like this,I just walk away from the problem and come back when iam calm..I learned my friend cares a about me to..anways i've learned to controle my emotions better..Not easy..But it's better to think long and hard before u say and do stomething you know.

iam not perfect,

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee on Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:24 pm

I always felt like mine was sloth. Mainly because I always seem to avoid things that require effort. It's hard enough convincing myself to go to school/work every morning, or even do fun stuff like hang out with friends ): I always make up excuses to get out of doing things, even though there is no real reason for me to avoid this stuff...I mean, who opts out of hanging out with you best friends just so you can stay home and do nothing? -.-; Maybe that's not really sloth, but I feel like I need a large dose of ambition just to get myself out of the house sometimes @_@
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia on Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

I think mine is Sloth, I always do my homework and assignments at the last minute of things. And I don't go out as much, I'm pretty much coped up in the house every weekend.

It takes quite a bit of motivation for me to get out of bed, the only thing that I don't have trouble with motiving is cleaning xD a lot of people have trouble with that.
Claudia

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy on Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Lilee wrote:I always felt like mine was sloth. Mainly because I always seem to avoid things that require effort. It's hard enough convincing myself to go to school/work every morning, or even do fun stuff like hang out with friends ): I always make up excuses to get out of doing things, even though there is no real reason for me to avoid this stuff...I mean, who opts out of hanging out with you best friends just so you can stay home and do nothing? -.-; Maybe that's not really sloth, but I feel like I need a large dose of ambition just to get myself out of the house sometimes @_@

that sounds like me a little...i don't always wanna go out.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveisalwaysthere! on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:23 pm

no one is perfect mine is defenitly envy :/
Loveisalwaysthere!

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:49 am

sometimes u do wront instinctively and then afterwards think and realise that u should have acted differently.

Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee on Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:43 am

Chikyuu wrote:
Lilee wrote:
Chikyuu wrote:Why do you all talk about sin as if it is not such a big deal?

The "7 Deadly Sins" are human instincts we all possess whether we like it or not. They only become a big deal if you let them control you and influence your actions.

Human instincts?

So I will instinctively do wrong?

No. We aren't animals.

You have a choice to do right or wrong.

Also, commiting sin is a big deal.

I do agree that we have a choice to do right or wrong and committing sin is a big deal. What I meant by human instinct is that these "7 Deadly Sins" are emotions we all have. They are only sin when continually acted upon purposefully. So no, you do not instinctively do wrong. You do wrong when you choose to, like you said. What sets us apart from animals is that we can make the distinction between good and bad. Whether we act upon our negative emotions it is our choice, and that's when we begin to sin. I guess I wasn't being clear ^^; I don't mean it's okay to sin, I'm just saying that feelings of greed, anger, lust, etc. are all natural feelings. The feelings themselves are no big deal, but if you allow them to control you that's when it becomes a problem.
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:35 pm

mines,Envy

Back to top Go down

=

Post by Chikyuu on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:39 pm

Of course.

Leave what you want to hear, then delete my posts to prevent others and yourself from seeing the truth.

Unbelievable.

I hope you will listen one day to the word, and I leave you this, in the hopes you will listen.

[3] "For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled. [4] and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories." - 2 Timothy 4: 3, 4
Chikyuu

http://www.neoseeker.com/members/Earth/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:04 pm

Please just let it go! Before the topic get's locked!!

I kind of agree with you,but i don't think every sin is a matter of life or death. Some sins are really just not a huge deal.

Last edited by beautiful_inside09 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

=

Post by Chikyuu on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:06 pm

beautiful_inside09 wrote:let it go, before topic get's locked..

I did.

Read my post.
Chikyuu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:44 am

Seems like you try and push you're idea's on to other people thinking you are write and everyones wrong..I repect you and what you belive and think.but just remember not everyone will agree with you.So it's not people are not listening to you.

It's in human nature to sin and do wrong things.That's really how we grow and a learn really. I don't belive every sin really is a matter of life and death. like Lilee said we has people really have the choice to do good or bad things.so if we do a bad thing we learn from it and move on...SURE some sins mybe a little hard to forgive.

Or if we really make a huge bad sinn,we will pay the time for it.

anways thats how and what i think....

Back to top Go down

=

Post by Chikyuu on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:58 am

beautiful_inside09 wrote:Seems like you try and push you're idea's on to other people thinking you are write and everyones wrong..I repect you and what you belive and think.but just remember not everyone will agree with you.So it's not people are not listening to you.

It's in human nature to sin and do wrong things.That's really how we grow and a learn really. I don't belive every sin really is a matter of life and death. like Lilee said we has people really have the choice to do good or bad things.so if we do a bad thing we learn from it and move on...SURE some sins mybe a little hard to forgive.

Or if we really make a huge bad sinn,we will pay the time for it.

anways thats how and what i think....

"Let it go before topic gets locked."

Have you not read the first portion of my blog?

Do read it and get a better understanding of me now.
Chikyuu

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi on Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:21 am

Guys!
you're all wonderful but i am getting annoyed that there are constant arguments!

we all have a right to think differently. respect what others say and think.

Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveisalwaysthere! on Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:23 am

greeat idea ^ Very Happy
Loveisalwaysthere!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee on Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:52 am

I think this might help:

Fight LUST with CHASITY
Fight GLUTTONY with TEMPERANCE
Fight AVARICE with CHARITY
Fight SLOTH with DILIGENCE
Fight WRATH with PATIENCE
Fight ENVY with KINDNESS
Fight VANITY with HUMILITY
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:04 am

Lilee wrote:I think this might help:

Fight LUST with CHASITY
Fight GLUTTONY with TEMPERANCE
Fight AVARICE with CHARITY
Fight SLOTH with DILIGENCE
Fight WRATH with PATIENCE
Fight ENVY with KINDNESS
Fight VANITY with HUMILITY

you're right, it does help Smile

i THINK my main ones would be envy and gluttony. it used to be lust, but i managed to phase that out of me so that i could focus on other things. lol that's really bad: having trouble with lust at my age D: envy is REALLY bad atm though because so many people around me are changing to become even better, more amazing people, and i just haven't reached that point in my life yet because i still need to learn more before i can grow as a person. so i usually wish i was more like my friends. ahhh so much self-evaluation to work on.... i'm sure i'll get there in the end though Very Happy
Iridescent_Revival_<3

http://thefaetoldmetodoit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:25 am

Sorry!!! Wasn't trying to start anything. I do repect everybody's ideas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top